The Accounting Specialist will perform accounting functions necessary for the recording of financial transactions and maintenance of the general ledger and grant accounting module. The candidate must have knowledge of the theory and practice of recording, classifying, examining and analyzing data of records, accounting, and financial transactions.
• Enters cash receipts into the accounting system, applying payments to invoices as appropriate.
• Prepares journal entries and various adjusting entries.
• Reviews and reconciles various general ledger accounts.
• Responds to internal and external requests for documentation or information, updating or researching information as needed to ensure quick resolution to issue.
• Assists with billing to include setting up customers, preparing invoices, and collections.
• Assists with fixed asset record maintenance and inventory process.
• Prepares and maintains various files, schedules and spreadsheets, as needed.
• Creates and maintains internal award accounts in Oracle.
• Assists with review of purchase requisitions and expense reports as a member of the accounting approval group.
• Performs various clerical tasks such as copying, scanning, organizing, filing and maintaining documents.
• Provides administrative assistance to Director of Finance, as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in accounting may be substituted for two years of experience. Four or more years of accounting or bookkeeping experience required. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Principles and practices of general accounting
• Principles and practices of financial record keeping
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
OTHER: This is a full-time hourly (non-exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.