Administrative Assistant II - President's Office
The successful candidate will support and coordinate day-to-day administrative duties relative to the assigned manager or organizational unit. Performs routine and non-recurring duties requiring the frequent use of business or technical terminology. Duties may require detailed knowledge of terminology relative to the assigned area.
- Consistent attendance is an essential responsibility.
- Coordinates preparations for staff meetings, committee meetings, board meetings, seminars and similar functions.
- May input and retrieve data in a database or spreadsheet.
- Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Maintains office supplies for assigned area, and completes purchase requisitions as required.
- Composes or types correspondences or documents (e.g., proposals, grant and contract applications, PowerPoint presentations, memoranda, or other materials) using Microsoft Word on a Windows Computer. Responsible for final proofreading of all transcribed documents.
- Distributes and opens mail, as required. May receive and route paperwork, supplies, equipment and other materials for interoffice delivery.
- May make travel arrangements and hotel reservations. Prepares itineraries and travel expense reports.
- Establishes, maintains, and retires various files, including confidential files, as required.
- May interact with visitors; maintain daily calendar and appointment schedules, set up meetings and appointments.
- May provide clerical support to other units. Answers phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages. Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Required to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have valid driver’s license to meet organization driving standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Requires three or more years of job specific experience. Candidate should have at least two years in an Administrative Assistant I or similar position. Must have well-developed organizational and written communication skills. Computer knowledge (to include Internet and Microsoft Outlook experience) and Microsoft Word experience required. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with both senior management and subordinates. Applicants meeting education/experience/skills requirements may be contacted for testing. The ability to type 35 net wpm with an 85% accuracy rate. Experience with Oracle a plus.
Preferred computer knowledge may include Windows Computers, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Prefer that the candidate has a capacity to solve problems independently and use rational thought in stressful situations. The ability to type 60 wpm with an 85% accuracy rate is preferred.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Will work at a computer for long periods of time. Work is performed within routine office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and must meet Texas Biomed driving standards. Will drive a motor vehicle on Texas Biomed business.
OTHER: This is a full-time hourly paid position. Texas Biomed business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment. Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.