The Annual Giving & Donor Relations Manager will be responsible for the overall annual giving activity at Texas Biomedical Research Institute. Primary focus will be to organize the annual giving volunteer programs (Founder’s Council, Forum and Direct Mail), manage and maintain the donor database for the Advancement Office and oversee a donor relations program.
- Develops and executes an overall annual giving (Founder’s Council, Forum and Direct Mail) and donor relations program which includes employee giving.
- Serves as one of the fundraising resource liaisons (Texas Biomed data) for the Texas Biomedical Forum.
- Plans and implements the organization’s annual giving stewardship programs.
- Manages contribution and data entry as well as data verification in one or more database applications.
- Prepares appropriate donor and data reports, as required.
- Develops technical specifications for data management programming needs for information technology and accounting staff.
- Manages the flow of donations, including in-house check flow or electronic funds flow to assure proper management of contributions.
- Prepares data analysis reports for donor activity, performance or progress.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness or proper usage of data.
- Prepares data reports for both managerial use and third-party service providers.
- Supervises the monthly reconciliation process for donations received to assure the database and accounting are in agreement.
- Develops and sends communications to annual giving groups (Founder’s Council, Forum, General Donors and Direct Mail).
- Plans and executes donor events for annual giving groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with three or more years of job-specific experience OR five or more years related experience in a job where work was equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree. Must have well-developed organizational skills; development office experience in a role of similar responsibility; computer knowledge (to include Internet and Microsoft Outlook experience) and Microsoft Word experience. Effective interpersonal skills for one-on-one interactions in person or by telephone. Preferred: Five or more years of job related experience. Previous experience working with a donor database system. Experience working in the field of annual giving in a not-for-profit organization.
OTHER: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment. Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.