Assistant Director, Human Resources
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, organizing, coordinating, and administering human resources policies, procedures, programs, and services while ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Will drive training initiatives and conduct and/or arrange for learning and development programs. Will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of the talent management system.
Role and responsibilities are as follows:
• Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the human resources department.
• Oversee all institute-wide training programs.
• Serve as the administrator of the talent management system.
• Assist with the administration of the total rewards program.
• Oversee the performance management process.
• Oversee and conduct new employee onboarding and training.
• Handle employee relation matters, provide management consultation and counsel employees as needed in compliance with policies and legal requirements.
• Review salary surveys to ensure wages being paid to employees are comparable to the market.
• Provide mentoring, coaching and direction.
• Oversee employment processes to ensure EEO standards are being met with regard to recruiting, hiring, terminating and following AAP guidelines.
• Assist with the recruitment of employees and J1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program.
• Develop, revise, and update departmental policies and procedures.
• Conduct management boot camp training and new employee onboarding.
• Oversee the tuition reimbursement program.
• Train, develop and coach management personnel on employee development efforts.
• Participate in the administration of the annual employee engagement survey.
• Create content and administer annual mandatory training programs.
• Assist in developing and overseeing career development and succession plan programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management required. Seven years of relevant HR experience preferred. Minimum of five years of relevant HR experience required. Master’s degree and/or HR certification preferred. Must be organized, detailed-oriented and a self-starter who is able to function with limited supervision. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS applications and analytics. Advanced knowledge of employment law and HR policies and practices; financial/business acumen. A strong business judgment connecting human resources with organization goals/mission. Problem solving and analytical skills. Strong communication and customer service skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility. Candidate will also be responsible for conducting training needs analysis, design, delivery and evaluation of training programs. Candidates will need to be proactive and flexible with the goal of enhancing our exciting scientific environment. Strong communication skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships and coaching for all departments and employees is a must. Non-profit and/or life sciences experience a plus.
Work is performed within routine office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required.
OTHER: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment. Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.