Chief Technology Officer
The Chief Technology Officer will develop a vision and a roadmap for delivering IT services and supporting Scientific and Business Operations at Texas Biomed. Will be responsible for the design and operation of all Information Systems and Technology (IT) operations for Texas Biomed. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct all employees in IT operations to attain the goals established in Texas Biomed’s strategic plan. Will lead through technological innovation to secure a robust competitive advantage.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Establish Texas Biomed’s technical vision; lead and execute all aspects of its technological development, vision and strategic goals and objectives
- Develop strategic plans identifying Information Technology applications to support Texas Biomed or create new strategic options to include evaluating new equipment, software and processes continuously, and recommend changes as appropriate
- Build an infrastructure and scale to both internal and external application requirements
- Direct Texas Biomed’s Information and Data strategic direction, development and future growth
- Work in a collaborative manner with scientists, staff, and administrators as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide leadership in a manner that supports Texas Biomed’s culture, mission and values
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies, makes determinations on the probability and effectiveness of implementation, best practices, and keeps leadership and researchers up to date on these new technologies
- Act as a good steward of Texas Biomed’s resources and ensures control of IT budgets
- Work closely with Security Operations to ensure the protection and security of Texas Biomed’s assets
- Lead and manage the IT organizational unit, to include business computing, networking, security, support services, programming, telephony, telecommunications and other related IT systems and functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Bachelor’s degree with major course work relative to the field of assignment. Requires ten or more years of job specific experience in Information Systems/Technology. Requires ten or more years in management and strategic experience in this field. Extensive experience with IT strategic planning, budgeting, and personnel management. Preferred: Master’s degree. Desired experience includes: hosted external environment like AWS, internal network environment, Oracle EBS and BI or equivalent ERP systems.
OTHER: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.