The Controller provides professional direction in accounting and financial affairs and is responsible for financial analyses of Texas Biomed operations.
- Directs preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates, schedules and supervises the activities of employees engaged in accounting and property control.
- Responsible for cash forecasts and keeps short-term money invested. Oversees daily bank deposits and coordination of cash investments with bankers.
- Designs and installs systems to record, control and report the financial activities of the Organization.
- Reviews and initiates changes to assure smooth functioning of total system. Coordinates with VP, Information Technology Systems/CTO as necessary to accomplish this task.
- Coordinates, discusses and resolves a variety of accounting related matters with principal investigators, department directors, administrative assistants, public accounting firms, government auditors, contracting officers and similar officials.
- Conducts or coordinates audits of Texas Biomed accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Inspects and verifies contract billings for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews cash receipts, journal vouchers, and disbursements.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements, budgets and related reports to assure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness.
- Responsible for selecting, terminating, promoting and similar personnel management actions of assigned personnel, or other personnel as requested.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Monitors financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Five or more years of job specific experience. A minimum of five years in accounting with increasing levels of responsibility and supervisory experience. Excellent written and oral presentation skills required. Experience with Excel and pivot tables required. Preferred: Certified Public Accountant. Experience with federal grants and contracts in a not-for-profit environment. Oracle experience and software installations (such as GL, AP or purchasing systems) preferred.
OTHER: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomedical Research Institute is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. Complete application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. EOE
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.