The Data Review Specialist I provides routine review and verification of animal rule study data including all animal observation and procedure data. The Data Review Specialist I works closely with veterinary and technical staff to ensure all data is properly documented and that corrections and clarifications are made in a timely manner. The incumbent also works closely with the Study Compliance Manager (SCM) to ensure studies are conducted in compliance with the applicable Study Plan and SOPs and that deviations are promptly reported to the SCM.
Duties will include:
- Performing quality reviews of animal rule study data in both hard copy and electronic format
- Providing documentation of data review and coordinating efforts to correct or clarify data within a specific time frame
- Maintaining familiarity with departmental, organizational, and study specific SOPs
- Generating and helping maintain study notebooks with institutional guidelines
- Reviewing reports for consistency with raw data
- Ordering and maintaining supplies related to review of animal rule studies
- May assist in the preparation of deviation reports and the completion of resulting corrective and preventative actions
- May assist in the identification of recurring deviations and/or gaps in the quality program
- Performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Science with two or more years of job specific experience. Six years of directly related experience may be substituted for the educational requirements. Competent MS Office skills including Outlook, Excel and Word. Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, diligent and able to communicate professionally and effectively across departments. Preferred: Coursework in immunology and microbiology. A strong background in electronic record keeping and data entry experience in a medical, technical, and/or scientific environment.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Work is performed within routine office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required.
This is a full-time hourly paid position. Texas Biomedical Research Institute business hours are Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.