Electrician - Facilities
The successful candidate will maintain electrical distribution systems and repair electrical systems throughout the facility. Duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Consistent attendance is an essential responsibility.
• Repairs or replaces such items as motors, generators, fans, blowers, lamps, ballasts and components of
• Is responsible for the planning, lay out, installation and repair of conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment.
• Orders supplies and parts as needed.
• Observes the functioning of installed electrical equipment to determine reason for malfunction.
• Conforms to the City of San Antonio and the National Electric Code (NEC), when performing assigned
electrical installations or repairs.
• Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as mega ohmmeters, voltmeters, and ammeters, voltage and ammeter recording to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Reads and understands electrical blueprints, to include control sequences and can install power per the blueprints.
• Provides 24/7 on-call emergency service on a rotating basis with other maintenance personnel to ensure system reliability and integrity of operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma/GED. Electrical journeyman’s license.
Thirty semester hours of college with course work in the electrical trades preferred. Six semester hours of college algebra definite plus. Requires five or more years of job specific experience. Six years of total experience with four years as an apprentice and two years of experience in commercial electrical work as a journeyman electrician required. Electrical safety knowledge is required. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and must meet Texas Biomed’s driving standards.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Work involves strenuous physical activities of various kinds with continuous exposure to hazardous substances, potentially dangerous situations, unpleasant work conditions such as exposure to unpleasant odors or adverse weather conditions. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Participation Safety training and protective clothing, equipment and supplies will be provided to the employee.
OTHER: This is a full-time hourly paid position. Texas Biomed business hours are Monday through Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status.
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.