Executive Assistant II - President's Office (Revised)
The successful candidate will provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Performs routine and non-recurring duties requiring the frequent use of business or technical terminology. Duties may require detailed knowledge of terminology relative to the assigned executive.
- Consistent attendance is an essential responsibility.
- Coordinates preparations for staff meetings, committee meetings, board meetings, seminars and similar functions by coordinating the necessary administrative details.
- Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Composes or types correspondences or documents (e.g., proposals, grant and contract applications, PowerPoint presentations, memoranda, or other materials) using Microsoft Word on a Windows Computer. Responsible for final proofreading of all transcribed documents.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and board of directors.
- Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Distributes and opens mail, as required. Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals. Answers telephone calls and records messages, as required. May receive and route paperwork, supplies, equipment and other materials for interoffice delivery.
- May greet visitors and provide introductions and accommodations as necessary; maintains daily calendar and appointment schedules, sets up meetings and appointments.
- Maintains office supplies for the executive office and completes purchase requisitions for office supplies, as required.
- May be responsible for maintaining an accurate database relative to the office. May input and retrieve data in a database or spreadsheet.
- May be a non-voting member of various Institute committees to prepare agendas, correspondence, and record and prepare minutes.
- Establishes, maintains, and retires various files, including confidential files, as required. Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- May make travel arrangements and hotel reservations. Prepares itineraries and travel expense reports.
- Required to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have valid driver’s license to meet organization driving standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Bachelor’s degree required. Requires eight or more years of job specific experience. Candidate should have at least three years at Executive Assistant I level. Must have well-developed organizational and written communication skills. Computer knowledge (to include Internet and Microsoft Outlook experience). Microsoft Word and PowerPoint experience required. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with both senior management and subordinates. Applicants meeting education/experience/skills requirements may be contacted for testing. Experience with Oracle a plus. Preferred Experience: Preferred computer knowledge may include Windows Computers, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Prefer that the candidate has a capacity to solve problems independently and use rational thought in stressful situations. The ability to type 60 wpm with an 85% accuracy rate is preferred.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Will work at a computer for long periods of time. Work is performed within routine office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and must meet Texas Biomed driving standards. Will drive a motor vehicle on Texas Biomed business.
OTHER: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomedical Research Institute business hours are Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.