HVAC Controls and Building Automation Programmer - Facilities
The successful candidate will be required to use a building automation system (BAS) to control all HVAC functions in multiple buildings on a campus. Candidate will:
• Work closely with contractor that supplies our BAS equipment.
• Upgrade existing graphics displays on BAS and assist with development and implementation of BAS in new construction.
• Be very involved with commissioning of installations.
• Write process instructions and train others.
• Set up energy saving schedules on the BAS.
• Be team oriented and willing to assist other areas and may have opportunity to manage small projects in other areas.
• Assist HVAC personnel in troubleshooting problems to determine if the problem is controls related or equipment related.
• Perform some HVAC preventive maintenance and minor repairs.
• Maintain and upgrade proficiency in specialty and train others.
Major Duties & Responsibilities.
• Apply mechanical & control systems knowledge in assisting project Engineers in program development and resolution of design issues.
• Implement energy conserving sequence of operations on existing systems, commission and confirm desired results have been achieved.
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance on HVAC systems & controls.
• Performs diagnostic testing and repairs of mechanical systems operation.
• Utilize Visio, Excel, Word, as required to perform control system design changes and as-built.
• Perform or assist with retro-commissioning of systems including programming, functional testing and point-to-point checks.
• Supervise subcontracted controls work, including the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with controls systems.
• Provide input and assist with preparation of as-built drawings and other project close out activities.
• Provide leadership on small projects.
• Communicate effectively with appropriate Managers and Directors regarding customer requirements and project activities
• Perform system testing and troubleshooting.
• Understand all phases of construction, maintain project documentation and create red-lined field drawings.
• Understand HVAC systems sufficiently to assist in optimizing energy performance of such systems without compromising occupant comfort, indoor air quality and other user requirements.
• May be assigned to assist other maintenance personnel such as Electrician, Plumber or Carpenter for periods or for designated projects.
• Primary focus is the monitoring, servicing and upgrade of the Siemens Apogee Insight and Desigo systems for high containment laboratories, original “central plant” and the new Earl Slick Research Building as well as other smaller research buildings.
• Train other personnel as needed on the use of control systems.
• Conduct extensive self-study to stay current in Siemens, ALC products and programming.
• Runs reports to analyze systems operations.
• Writes process SOPs and work instructions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Two-year technical degree from an accredited college or university in electronics, computers, HVAC or related field. Five years of related field experience with building automation systems.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Working conditions involve the requirement to follow basic safety precautions. Physical demands include moderate physical activity that includes prolonged standing and/or walking, handling moderate weight objects and/or using or carrying equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Safety training and protective clothing, equipment and supplies will be provided to the employee.
OTHER: This is a full-time hourly paid position. Texas Biomed business hours are Monday through Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional weekend work, holidays and overtime will be required. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status.
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.