The Laboratory Technician I provides routine technical services and assistance to the laboratory staff, or may provide such services for several small laboratories. This will involve some of the following duties:
- Assisting in the laboratory work by preparing various biochemical reagents
- Creating and maintaining bacterial plate stock
- Maintaining and stocking the laboratory of supplies
- Keeping inventory for various studies
- Assisting with shipping and receiving non-infectious and/or biohazard material
- Operating autoclaves, sterilizers, pipetting machines, and other laboratory equipment in the course of routine laboratory maintenance work
- Cleaning and sterilizing other laboratory equipment such as slides, pipettes, culture dishes and other laboratory glassware
- Performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: High school diploma/GED. Classes taken in Biology and/or Chemistry. Strong organizational skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: The SNPRC maintains a Biosafety Level 3 facility and performs work on diverse infectious agents. Depending on agent specific risk assessments, individuals may be offered, or in some cases required, to have vaccinations against the relevant agents. Participation in a medical monitoring and surveillance program is required. Safety training and protective clothing will be provided.
OTHER: This is an hourly paid position. Institute business hours are Mondays through Fridays – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.