Maintenance Mechanic I - Facilities
The successful candidate will perform routine maintenance work utilizing skills to diagnose problems, make repairs and/or replace worn or defective parts on building systems, machines, and mechanical equipment. Candidate will also perform construction and remodeling work on facilities.
Duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Makes regular inspections of equipment and facilities and either performs on-site repairs or reports trouble or outages.
• Performs filter changes on various air conditioning units and related equipment. Maintains a log documenting the frequency of changes and types of filters used.
• Scans and logs meter readings on control panels and machinery as required.
• Makes emergency repairs and adjustments on equipment as needed.
• May work alone or may be assigned to assist other maintenance personnel such as Electrician, Plumber or Carpenter for indefinite periods or for designated projects.
• Makes minor repairs within assigned area such as plumbing, carpentry and electrical as may be required.
• May order supplies or parts as needed.
• May drive Texas Biomed vehicle to vendor’s place of business to obtain necessary parts.
• Will perform related duties as required.
Required: High school diploma/GED and two years of building maintenance experience. Must be able to routinely lift 75 pounds and carry for short distances without assistance. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and must meet Texas Biomed driving standards. Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision. Good interpersonal & communication skills.
Preferred: A high degree of mechanical aptitude is required as well as a working knowledge of construction, maintenance and mechanical troubleshooting. Previous work experience in a skill trade is highly preferred. Four years building maintenance plus two years of construction experience. Vocational training in any of the building trades preferred.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: This work may involve working near or with chemical hazards such as carcinogens (Asbestos, PCB’s), toxic materials (gasoline, contact glue, lubricants, solvents & degreasers) other hazardous chemicals, including paint (Epoxy & urethane paints, lacquer thinners and spirits), bulk cleaning products (Alcohol, mineral spirits, electrical cleaning agents). Will also involve working near or with physical hazards such as compressed gases, electrical hazards, heat/cold/noise/pressure (walk-in coolers, incubators, compressors and emergency generators), radioactive materials (contact with low-level radioactive materials cannot be ruled out), x-ray equipment, and others such as UV light, microwave, lamps and laser. Other occupational hazards may include rotating machinery, electrical, ladders, and scaffolds. Must have valid driver’s license and meet Texas Biomed driving standards. Participation in a medical monitoring and surveillance program is required. Must be able to wear an air purifying respirator in a proper manner and if necessary, pass a respirator fitness test. Safety training, equipment, clothing and supplies will be provided.
OTHER: This is a full-time hourly paid position. Texas Biomed business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend work, holidays and overtime will be required. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Please apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment. Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.