We seek a molecular biologist with experience in phage display, vector design, and/or molecular cloning of monoclonal antibodies. The research work will focus on building an immune barrier with antibodies, including secretory IgA, at mucosal levels against HIV transmission. Proof-of-concept studies will be conducted in nonhuman primate models. The postdoctoral fellow will join the group of Dr. Ruth Ruprecht, who heads a multi-institutional AIDS research program at the Texas Biomedical Research Institute, the parent institution of the Southwest National Primate Research Center.
- Isolate and characterize neutralizing and non-neutralizing antibodies associated with protection.
- Perform antibody assays including neutralization, Fc-mediated antiviral functions, transcytosis, virion capture and epitope identification using phage display.
- Cloning and large scale production of monoclonal antibodies and vectors.
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results; prepare data for presentation at scientific meeting and for publication in journals.
- Mentor students and technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: REQUIRED: Doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or D.V.M.) in molecular biology, immunology, virology/microbiology or related scientific discipline. Highly skilled in molecular biology, phage display and vector design. Knowledge in basic virology and immunology, including analysis of humoral immune responses, will be a plus. Excellent communication skills. Ability to perform as a team member with good interpersonal skills. PREFERRED: Background in HIV biology and experience in working in BSL-2+ setting.
OTHER: The position is open and available immediately with a flexible start date. Please submit a cover letter, CV, brief description of scientific accomplishments and future plans and three reference letters to Dr. Ruth Ruprecht at gro.d1513188116emoib1513188116xt@th1513188116cerpu1513188116rr1513188116.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug free workplace. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.