Maximum Containment Contract Research Project Managers are responsible for day-to-day management of specific research initiatives in varying pre-clinical research areas. Duties include managing project meetings, logistics, timelines, budgets, and other related activities. Work will be conducted under supervision of the Director of Maximum Containment Contract Research.
This is a non-research, administrative management position requiring excellent interpersonal and writing skills, a high level of organization, diplomacy, focus, ability to work under tight deadlines, and familiarity with biomedical research environments.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing scientific, science-related or pre-clinical projects including complex project logistics and budgets
- Managing relationships among diverse team members including veterinary technical staff, scientific support staff, quality personnel and financial support staff
- Coordinating and facilitating of cross-functional scientific or project team meetings, taking minutes, and tracking action items
- Assisting in developing and managing grants/contracts including evaluation and refinement of statements of work, project budgets, and milestones
- Review of project associated documents including study protocols, reports and summaries
- Preparation of monthly project reports summarizing project progress and financial status
- Contributing to and/or leading project tasks such as implementation of laboratory software, analyzing scientific literature and writing assessments on various technical topics related to laboratory projects
- Participating in data entry/related activities in support of laboratory projects
- Ensuring that the task or project is maintained within the scope, budget and schedule
- Preparing clear and concise meeting summaries and written reports
- May enter research data into research programs databases or excel sheets
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: BA/BS in biological science. Three or more years of relevant project management experience; experience with tools and methods for project management – especially cost, schedule and performance; proficiency using project management software (i.e. Microsoft project) is essential; experience with issues related to managing scientific data including pre-clinical, genomic, proteomic and microbiological data; experience working collaboratively with project team members, assessing team skills and making recommendations to improve efficiencies within the group. Preferred: Project Management Certification or consulting experience.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Work is performed within routine office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required.
This is a full-time position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.