Research Coordinator I
The Research Coordinator will coordinate research activities of intra and extramural scientists, including commercial sponsors, with research and veterinary resources in the SNPRC.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and communicate project status to investigators and document project progress
- Develop and maintain study schedules with research and veterinary resources
- Assist veterinarians and scientists in developing research protocols using research animals
- Assist Principal Investigators and Sponsors in developing budgets for research studies
- Assist in the preparation and amendment of Institutional Animal Care and Use Applications
- Perform other duties as assigned
This individual will report to the Research Coordinator Manager.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Bachelor’s degree in science or liberal arts with two years of research or project management experience. No experience required with a Master’s degree. Ability to build and manage computer databases and spreadsheets required. This position requires excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to interact effectively with scientists, administrative personnel, veterinarians, and technical staff.
Preferred: Master’s degree. Research management experience preferred. Experience with MS Office and federal research grants and commercial contracts in the biomedical research environment preferred.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: This work may involve potential exposure to infectious materials (BSL-2), Baboons, Macaques, rodents and other small mammals. Will sit at a computer for long periods of time. Participation in a medical monitoring and surveillance program is required. Safety training, equipment, clothing and supplies will be provided.
OTHER: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.