The Sponsored Programs Administrator will report directly to the Manager of Sponsored Programs Administration. Duties and responsibilities include:
- will assist with preparing and submitting proposals varying in complexity and sponsor types
- will review proposal, grant and contract documents and advise the director
- will setup and manage awards with varying restrictions and requirements
- will monitor post-award activity on grants and contracts for allowability and allocability
- will assist in the preparation of reports to the sponsor required during the life of an award
- will communicate with external sponsor representatives to address and resolve any items that may arise
- will assist in maintaining office records for efficient business operations
- will contribute to the overall visibility of the department and the Institute
- will liaise with all departments and staff on matters related to pre-award and post-award activity, as needed
- This position will have signing official authority for federal proposals and grants from NIH, NSF, DoD and others as an alternate to and when instructed by the director
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Bachelor’s degree. Associate’s degree and five years of relevant experience and proven expertise in the field of research administration may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree requirement. A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience is required. Requires budget preparation experience, preferably from a scientific environment. Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with scientists, administrators, government agencies and contractors. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail. Preferred: Experience in government grant application development and review of legal documents strongly preferred.
This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Salary: $61,000 commensurate with experience.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.