The research assistant will assist researchers with day-to-day tasks that may include performing research and data management. Responsibilities and duties include:
- Performing and assisting team members in molecular biology experiments, including isolation and purification of DNA, RNA and PCR, quantitative RT-PCR.
- Performing and assisting in immunology experiments including tissue culture, blood processing, isolation of lymphocytes and macrophages etc.
- Assisting in the laboratory work by preparing various biochemical reagents, maintaining and stocking the laboratory, keeping inventory for various studies, assisting with shipping and receiving non-infectious and/or biohazard material to various collaborators and government institutions, etc, as advised by the PI or other senior members of the laboratory.
- Performing and assisting in microbiological experiments, including preparation of media and bacterial culturing and modification.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field. General working knowledge of BSL2 and/or BSL3 bio-containment principles and protocols, both for animal and laboratory space.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: The SNPRC maintains a Biosafety Level 3 facility and performs work on diverse infectious agents. Depending on agent specific risk assessments, individuals may be offered, or in some cases required, to have vaccinations against the relevant agents. Participation in a medical monitoring and surveillance program is required. Safety training and protective clothing will be provided.
OTHER: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.