Research Assistant - Temporary Position
Assists in marmoset behavioral research including data collection and management. Responsibilities include:
- Performs entry level scientific research tasks.
- Sets up and operates equipment as required by research tasks.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard scientific techniques.
- Generates, records and compiles research data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: BS degree in biology, animal science, anthropology, psychology, zoology, or related field. At least one-year experience working with animals. Good organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently. Preferred: Coursework in primatology. Work experience with nonhuman primates. Experience with behavioral data collection. Experience with Matlab programming preferred.
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: This work may involve potential exposure to carcinogens, toxic materials, other hazardous chemicals, cryogenics, UV light, microwave, and infectious materials (BSL-2). Participation in a medical monitoring and surveillance program is required. Safety training, equipment, clothing and supplies will be provided.
OTHER: This is a temporary salaried (exempt) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend work and holidays may be required. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.