Administrative Assistant II
The successful candidate will provide support to and coordinates day-to-day administrative duties relative to assigned department. Will perform routine and non-recurring duties requiring the frequent use of business or technical terminology. Role and responsibilities:
• Consistent attendance is an essential responsibility.
• Coordinates preparations for staff meetings, committee meetings, board meetings, seminars and similar functions.
• May input and retrieve data in a database or spreadsheet.
• Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports.
• Maintains office supplies for assigned area, and completes purchase requisitions for office supplies, as required.
• Composes or types correspondences or documents (e.g., proposals, grant and contract applications, memoranda, or other materials) using a word processing application on a Windows Computer or Macintosh Computer. Responsible for final proofreading of all transcribed documents.
• Distributes and opens mail, as required. Answers telephone calls and records messages, as required. May receive and route paperwork, supplies, equipment and other materials for interoffice delivery.
• May make travel arrangements and hotel reservations. Prepares itinerary and travel expense report.
• Establishes, maintains, and retires various files, including confidential files, as required.
• May interact with visitors; maintain daily calendar and appointment schedules, sets up meetings and appointments.
• May provide clerical support to other units. Answers phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages. Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Required to maintain confidentiality.
• Must have valid driver’s license to meet organization driving standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or GED.
Preferred: Sixty (60) hours or Associate Degree from an accredited college or university with an interest in General Business, Management or Office Systems Technology is preferred.
Experience required: Three or more years of job specific experience. Candidate should have at least two years in an Administrative Assistant I or similar position. Must have well-developed organizational skills. Computer knowledge (to include Internet and Microsoft Outlook experience) and Microsoft Word experience required. The ability to type 35 net wpm with an 85% accuracy rate. Knowledge of complex work routines, rules, procedures or operations, ability to operate higher-level specialized equipment. Applicants meeting education/experience/skills requirements may be contacted for testing. Previous experience working in an animal research facility. Experience working with Oracle Software. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with both senior management and subordinates. Ability to excel in an environment working with members of a highly effective work team.
Preferred: Computer knowledge may include: Windows or Apple Computers, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Will work at a computer for long periods of time. Work is performed within routine office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required. If applicable, participation in a medical monitoring and surveillance program is required. Safety training will be provided. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and must meet Texas Biomed driving standards. Will drive a motor vehicle on Texas Biomed business.
OTHER: This is a full-time hourly paid position. Texas Biomed business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional weekend work, holidays and overtime will be required. Texas Biomed is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment.
Apply online at http://www.txbiomed.org/about/employment. Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.