Associate Development Officer
The Associate Development Officer implements programs that result in increase annual giving and major gift giving to Texas Biomedical Research Institute (Texas Biomed).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes Texas Biomed’s involvement in various community fundraising and donor cultivation activities.
- Develops and implements an appropriate annual giving recognition program.
- Works with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement in developing the annual budget for the annual giving programs.
- Writes and presents proposals for donor consideration.
- Works with the Vice President for Advancement and Public Relations and the Director of Public Relations to implement a direct mail marketing plan and to achieve support for Texas Biomed programs.
- Develops donors prospects lists.
- Serves as the primary staff liaison for the Founder’s Council.
- Serves as a fundraising resource liaison for the Southwest Foundation Forum.
- Plans and implements Texas Biomed’s donor cultivation and educational programs.
- Assists with internal Texas Biomed’s events as in a supporting role.
- Conducts group tours of Texas Biomed campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related discipline, or 3-5 years of volunteer or directly related experience. A team player with the ability to communicate in writing and orally and the ability to engage and influence others. Must be organized, detailed-oriented and a self-starter who is able to function with limited supervision. Knowledge of MS Office Suite required.
Preferred: Budget management experience preferred. Experience recruiting, training and delegating to volunteers is desired. Knowledge of donor information systems is desired.
OTHER: This is a part-time (30 hrs/wk) position. Texas Biomed business hours are Mondays through Fridays – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomedical Research Institute is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Application packets are accepted electronically or in hard copy. A completed application packet is a requirement for all positions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Your resume and application must be provided electronically. Please follow the steps below.
- Please read instructions before submitting your application.
- PDF forms will need to be completed, saved to your computer and uploaded. Please refer to Step 2 for additional information.
- Fill out the online form.
- At the conclusion of the application process, you will be asked to attach your PDF files.