Texas Biomed’s commitment to education extends to the South Texas region, as our scientists are available for speaking engagements, or business groups can visit the Institute for more in-person learning. Part of our community outreach program includes participation in several community science fairs, including Girls Inc. RockIT Into the Future, Girl Scouts of America’s STEM fair and the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s CORE 4 STEM program targeting students in San Antonio with less access to scientific learning resources.
Community OutreachTours | Speakers | Science Fairs
Texas Biomed’s commitment to education extends to the South Texas region, as our scientists for speaking engagements, or business groups can visit the Institute for more in-person learning. Also part of our community out reach program includes participation in several community science fairs, including Girls Inc.RockIT Into the Future, Girl Scouts of America’sSTEM fair and the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s CORE 4 STEM program targeting students in San Antonio with less access to scientific learning resources
Community Outreach ProgramOutside inquiries for community outreach events and presentations.
Bio Science Business Briefings
Bioscience Business Briefings is a business-to-business outreach program connecting experts in key scientific areas directly with businesses and their employees to address concerns arising in science and research.
Community and Business Briefs provide an opportunity for community groups and businesses to invite a scientist to present to their members or co-workers on topics of interests, including:
- Infectious diseases around the world and at home
- Aging and immunity
- High-containment level research
- Research Pipeline
- The role of science in public policy
- The ethical use of animals in research
- The role of veterinarians and other animal care professionals in research
- Infectious diseases and the connection to global health priorities
- Women in Science
- Critical need to educate next generation of scientists
- Fostering equity in global health outcomes
- Specific disease areas of interest, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, Heart Disease and Obesity, Ebola and Hemorrhagic fever viruses, Malaria and parasitic diseases, Tuberculosis, Zika and other emerging infectious diseases, Respiratory diseases, Infections role in Chronic conditions like Obesity, Diabetes and Heart Disease
If you are interested in learning whether a Texas Biomed spokesperson is available for discussion on a proposed topic, we encourage you to reach out to us for further discussions. To arrange for a Community or Business brief, please fill out the form below, and our communications department will be in touch.
*Texas Biomed reserves the right to decline any request.
Bio Business BriefingsOutside inquiries for Bio Business Briefings.