Recent graduates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in any STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) discipline or health professions and aspire to a career in cancer research. The goal is to provide individuals with the skills and tools needed to pursue a career in cancer research beginning with the pursuit of a doctoral degree in any STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) discipline or health professions. Priority is given to graduates that have obtained a bachelor’s from an undergraduate institution with little-or-no research opportunities for undergraduate students and/or belong to an underrepresented minority (URM) such as first-generation college graduates, certain racial and ethnic groups, and individuals from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
To prepare and develop individuals to pursue careers in cancer research by providing professional development and cancer research experience.
Paid opportunity to acquire hands-on experience and training in cancer research along with professional development.
Duration: 2 years beginning July 1, 2024
Fellows have access to
- Individual development plans (IDPs) and professional support services to prepare for a career in STEM research.
- Technical skill building by working a specific project
- On-site conference presentations and travel to scientific conferences
- Other Services: test-taking preparation, childcare, housing, and tuition assistance are available as needed.
Fellows are paid approximately $32, 500/yr. Healthcare is also covered.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2024, 11:59pm CST
- Recent graduate from a university or college accredited in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in a basic science, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or health professions.
- Full-time participation in the post-baccalaureate program is required. Applicant cannot be simultaneously enrolled full-time in a degree program.
- Proof of citizenship or ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- Medical screening, passing background checks and drug test prior to onboarding is also required.
- Personal Statement
- Undergraduate Transcripts (unofficial are accepted)
- CV or Resume
- Minimum of Two References