Welcome to San Antonio!
Major life transitions such starting a new job and relocating to a new city, state, country can be exciting, invigorating and very stressful. Below are links to help make this a smoother transition and guide you to living in San Antonio.
What makes us a great city?
- Visit SA Chamber of Commerce About Us and Resources
- San Antonio Night Life – Riverwalk
- San Antonio Magazine: 32 Reasons to Love San Antonio
- Major Events and Festivals in San Antonio
- Need more information on schools in or near San Antonio? School Districts
- Need more information on the best areas to live? Best Places Niche
- Beloved sports teams: SPURS, STARS, Missions, Rampage, SAFC
- 2017 San Antonio Rankings Highlights [PDF]
Local Media and News
Opening a Bank Account
If you need to open a bank account please see PDF for more information.
Financial institutions for your banking needs:
- Security Services Federal Credit Union
9543 IH-10 West
San Antonio, TX / 210-476-4393 / www.ssfcu.org
- Southwest Research Institute Federal Credit Union
7215 Culebra Road
San Antonio, TX 78251 / 877-297-5657 / www.swrcfcu.com
- San Antonio Federal Credit Union
901 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78209 / 210-258-1234 / www.sacu.com
Valuable resources to assist you in finding housing:
- Apartment and Relocation Center: 210-493-1688 ext. 201 / http://www.aptreloctr.com
- San Antonio Relocation Guide: https://www.sachamber.org/contact-us/resources/relocation/
Cell phone providers:
- AT&T – www.att.com discount provided as a Texas Biomed employee
- Sprint – http://www.sprint.com
- Verizon – www.verizonwireless.com
- T-Mobile – www.t-mobile.com
Utility companies in San Antonio:
Local Post Offices:
- Heritage › 702 Richland Hills Drive, San Antonio, TX 78245-9998
- Valley Hi › 5510 SW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78227-9998
- Lackland AFB › 2261 Hughes Avenue, JBSA Lackland, TX 78236-9998
International Candidates – sources to assist you with driving in the U.S.:
People who drive in the U.S. must have a valid driver’s license. Driving in the U.S. can be a bit overwhelming since drivers are required to operate vehicles on the right side of the road unlike other countries. Please visit links below for more information:
Please feel free to contact an HR Team member (210-258-9400) should you have any questions about the forms or about your employment with Texas Biomed.